Specific Programme ‘Drug prevention and information’ as part of the General Programme ‘Fundamental Rights and Justice’ 2007-2013 DRUGS Closed!
General objetives of the programme are:
- To prevent and reduce drug use, dependence and drugrelated harm.
- To contribute to the improvement of information on drug use.
- To support the implementation of the EU Drugs Strategy.
The Programme shall have the following specific objectives:
A. To promote transnational actions to:
- Set up multidisciplinary networks.
- Ensure the expansion of the knowledge base, the exchange of information and the identification and dissemination of good practices, including through training, study visits and staff exchange.
- Raise awareness of the health and social problems caused by drug use and to encourage an open dialogue with a view to promoting a better understanding of the phenomenon of drugs.
- Support measures aimed at preventing drug use, including by addressing reduction of drug-related harm and treatment methods taking into account the latest state of scientific knowledge;
B. To involve civil society in the implementation and development of the EU Drugs Strategy and EU Action plans.
C. To monitor, implement and evaluate the implementation of specific actions under the Drugs Action Plans 2005 to 2008 and 2009 to 2012.
- Studies and research, opinion polls and surveys, formulation of indicators and common methodologies, collection, development and dissemination of data and statistics, seminars, conferences and experts' meetings, organisation of public campaigns and events, development and maintenance of websites, preparation and dissemination of information materials, support to and animation of networks of national experts, analytical, monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Specific transnational projects of Community interest presented by at least two Member States.
- Activities of non-governmental organisations or other entities pursuing an aim of general European interest regarding the general objectives of the Programme.
European community funding
The Community provisional funding available for the programme is:
- 21,35 Million EUR (Global Budget)