Call for proposals - Support for the National Strategic Plan for unexploded ordnance (UXO) as part of sustainable development in the uplands of Lao PDR EuropeAid/132607/L/ACT/LA Closed!
The global objective of this Call for Proposals is to support the Millennium Development Goals (UN) agenda of the Government of Lao People's Democratic Republic (PDR) with special prominence given to the newly defined local MDG 9 to reduce the long-term negative impact of unexploded ordnance (UXO) on the development potential of affected rural communities.
The specific objective of this Call for Proposals is to significantly reduce the impact of unexploded ordnance (UXO) on rural livelihoods and rural development through support to activities related to UXO clearance, risk information and awareness-raising, and victims' assistance.
Projects can be conducted in UXO related activities that contribute to poverty alleviation, provided that the specific objective of the call for proposals is met.
- The action must prioritise UXO related activities in at least one of the following areas: mine risk education; area clearance; medical and victim assistance.
- The action should prioritise locations where the most vulnerable households who are affected by UXO contamination are located.
- The action should build on previous UXO related projects.
European community funding
The Community provisional funding available for the call for proposals is:
- 2,60 Million EUR (Orientation of the budget)
All the important deadlines
- 04 January 2013 - 3 years ago (Deadline for the presentation of proposals)
Further information about the call
Official webpage of the call
Organisations eligible to participate
Opened to the following bodies or institutes with legal status established in the covered areas:
- Public authorities (all)
Bodies or institutes must have their registered legal seat in one of the countries taking part in the Programme which are:
- European Union (EU)
- European Economic Area (EEA)
- Candidate Countries
Related calls for proposals
- Call for Proposals - Modernisation of the Honduras Forestry Sector (MOSEF)
- Call for proposals – Pilot projects - EU aid volunteers
- Restricted Call for proposals - Central Asia Invest Programme III
- Call for proposals with a view to obtaining grants in the field of maritime transport
- Call for proposals - Project on Maritime Spatial Planning in the Mediterranean Sea and/or the Black Sea