JRC-IHCP opens a call for expressions of interest on nanotechnology
By this Call for Expressions of Interest (CEI) the Joint Research Centre, Institute for Health and Consumer Protection, Management Support Unit, will made up the list of service providers which will be used for the conclusion of public contracts on certain services to be provided to the Institute. The object of this call for expression of interest is the provision of services in the field of nanotechnology — safety assessment of products and substances.
Notice has been given by the Institute for Health and Consumer Protection, at the Joint Research Centre of the launch of a call for expression of interest (CEI) for “Nanotechnology — safety assessment of products and substances”.
All institutes, organisations or companies wishing to be included on the list of service providers for the Institute for Health and Consumer Protection are invited to submit an application in accordance with the rules set out in this notice for the purpose specified. There is no special legal form is required from applicants.
The awarding authority will draw up a list of candidates whose applications meet the criteria set out in the call, which will be subdivided into sub-lists, each of which will correspond to one of the following fields:
- IT platform for nanomaterials NAPIRAhub: substance-related management of information, database management, adaptation of the data model, adaptation of the data structure, tool adaptation, such as query tools, installation and communication support, training for users.
- Nanotechnology: substance identification and definition.
- Nanotechnology: information requirements for nanomaterials for safety assessment.
- Test methods and testing strategies for manufactured nanomaterials: environmental toxicity and environmental fate.
- Test methods and testing strategies for manufactured nanomaterials: human health hazards.
- Risk assessment and safety assessment methodology for nanomaterials, exposure scenarios, risk management measures, dose descriptors.
- Reference nanomaterials, reference substances, repository of substances, distribution.
- Nanomaterial characterisation, homogeneity and stability: physico-chemical and biophysical measurements.
The list of potential service providers will remain valid for 3 years from the date of dispatch of this notice. Interested parties may submit an application at any time during the period of validity of the list, with the exception of the last 3 months. This list will be used exclusively for public contracts for services under Annex II A to Directive 2004/18/EC, for research and development contracts in category 8 in that Annex, worth less than an estimated 206 000 EUR.
Interested applicants must submit their applications either by registered post with acknowledgement of receipt, or courier (both postmarked); or by delivery (in person or by an authorised representative) to the following address:
Joint Research Centre
Institute for Health and Consumer Protection
Management Support Unit, T.P. 582
via E. Fermi 2749
21027 – ITALY
Fax +39 0332789434
Applications must include internal reference IHCP/2009/I/05/21/AMI, and clearly state the number of the CEI, the subject and the field (sub-list). Candidates can express their interest for one or more fields (sub-list).